Thursday, March 8, 2012

Freezer Meals: Chive Chicken

Chive Chicken

What you'll need:
Pot
Spoon
Knife
Cutting Board
4 Freezer Bags
Ingredients:
6 Large Chicken Breasts
1 1/2 cups butter
6 Envelopes of Italian salad dressing mix
3 cans cream of chicken
3 cans cream of celery
3 cups dry cooking wine
          (I had left over Riesling and used this)
Instructions
Set out all of your ingredients.

Poor the butter into the pot and heat on medium until melted.  While melting add everything except the chicken into the pot.
Stir for a few minutes until everything appears to be well mixed.  Your kitchen will smell heavenly.  Once mixed, remove from heat.

Meanwhile, cut your breasts in half.  Put three halves in each bag and evenly divide the liquid between each bag.  I think I had two-three cups per bag.

Leave the bags open so the mix can cool slightly, then push as much air out as possible and freeze.
Chicken Chive
4 hours on LOW
8 hours on HIGH
+ sour cream and side dish

Cooking Day

I noticed my crockpot seemed to cook a little quicker and I shaved an hour of my cook time.  Ten minutes before serving, add cream cheese to mixture for the thickness and added flavor.

After thinking for a moment, I noticed my meal didn't have a veggie.  Then I remembered, there were leftover frozen green beans from the freezer cooking day.  So I added the frozen beans into the mix as well.


As the starch, I made one my favorites new potatoes boiled/baked. This made five-six servings.  I was hoping this would have a little more flavor.  Next round, I will add a flavored cream cheese to see if that makes a difference.

Hope you enjoy and let me know if you try this recipe!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment