Friday, January 4, 2013

Simple Potato Soup

I cannot get over how easy Paula Dean's Potato Soup is, seriously EASY!  The best part? It's simply delicious.  I will recommend making homemade cream of chemical...I mean cream of chicken soup.  It's on my previous post so simple to find and easy to make.

Throw in Crockpot
(30 oz.) bag frozen hash-brown potatoes (I used the shredded style but only a 14oz bag)
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup (See my post on making your own, easy!)
1/2 chopped yellow or white onion
1/3 tsp. ground black pepper
 
At the end
1 (8oz) package cream cheese (softened)
Optional Garnish: minced green onion, cheese, a few strips of crumbled bacon if you'd like
 
Directions:
Throw in slow cooker, combine potatoes, broth, soup, onion, and pepper.
Cover, and cook on low for 5 hours.
Stir in cream cheese, cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until combined.
Garnish if desired.
Next batch will include some razor clams!
 
I decided to try this out because I had everything on the list already.  It was cooking while I made dinner and literally overtook the smell of the entire home.  Can you say amazing?  What was the coolest part was watching it turn to soup when I stirred in the cream cheese.  I was a little worried about it being stringy but it was nice thick soup.  My boys loved it! 
 
I'll be making another batch tomorrow with clams and some other ideas.  I think this would also be an excellent use for your base potato mix. 
 
Keep this one near by!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment