Saturday, January 5, 2013

Fast Philly Cheese Steaks

I was in the mood for some Philly Cheese steaks.  However, I am working on keeping a tight budget and wanted to use things I had around the house already.  After searching Pinterest, I found a recipe that suited my craving with most things I had on hand.  Just a few substitutes and here it is:

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 3 thin chucks of steak, sliced thin
  • few dashes of garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons Italian dressing
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • 4 (2.5-oz.) soft rolls, split (I used big hot dog buns because I had them on hand)
  • 4 (1-oz.) provolone cheese slices (I used monetary jack because its what I had)
Directions

1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms, and sauté 13 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add steak strips and garlic powder; sauté 3 until brown. Stir in dressing then season with salt and black pepper to taste.

2. Arrange steak mixture evenly on bottom roll halves; top with cheese and remaining roll halves. Arrange on a baking sheet.

3. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted.

This really came out good, very flavorful and exactly what I'd wanted.  I paired the meal with Paula Dean's Potato Soup from last night and bam!  Dinner is done it took me maybe 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

Source: http://pinterest.com/pin/41376890298104610/

No comments:

Post a Comment